Holy Spirit features a host of programs that help us to learn about our faith, to build congregation connections, and to put our faith into action by caring for others. We invite you to come and join us.
- YOUTH PROGRAMS involve youth from Grades 3 through Young Adults, who participate in various activities from worship to just having fun.
- ADULT PROGRAMS are opportunities for women, men, and parents to meet and support each other.
- YESTERDAY'S YOUTH is our seniors' group which meets Wednesdays at noon, for lunch and fellowship.
- We offer a host of CHILDRENS' PROGRAMS including Sunday School, Nursery, JYAM, and Vacation Bible Camp.
PRAYER CIRCLE: The Prayer Circle was started by the Ladies’ Bible Study Group early in the life of Holy Spirit Lutheran Church and has been a great source of support ever since. The circle has fifteen members who contact each other by phone or email with prayer requests and then include those requests in their prayers. For more information contact the church office.
- KOINONIA are involved congregational members who organize and host various fellowship events.
- HOLY SPIRIT HELPERS are members who give of their talents to other in need in our congregation.
We provide many opportunities to learn and study including:
- BIBLE STUDIES;
- SPECIAL CLASSES on issues of concern to our members, including Baptismal and marriage preparation;
- CONFIRMATION CLASSES: a personal faith journey for junior high youth, with opportunities to put their faith into action in the community;
- MEMBERSHIP CLASSES for those intending to join Holy Spirit.
Many of our members SERVE GOD through the programs and outreach of Holy Spirit. We actively support:
- Mulhurst Lutheran Camp
- Canadian Lutheran World Relief
- Lutheran Campus Ministry
- Lutheran Theological Seminary
- The Good Samaritan Society
- On Eagle's Wings
- Inner City Pastoral Ministry
- The Mustard Seed
- Habitat for Humanity
- Centre for Family Literacy
- E4C School Lunch Program
- Edmonton’s Food Bank
- Bullfrog Power
- Plan Canada
- AA Group/Al-Anon